Policies & Special Instructions
Due to the peaceful and quiet nature of the spa environment, please leave children at home with a loved one.
Please complete all forms electronically, BEFORE your appointment, to save time and allow us to get right into your custom treatment. If you have not completed forms BEFORE your appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to do so.
Special Parking Instructions
For Minted's primary location in Peoria, park in front of the building with the State Farm signage. Take the walkway to the left of the building that faces 83rd Avenue. Minted is located within the Healing of the Body and Mind facility.
Please note that phone calls, texts, & emails will be returned with 48 hours, during normal days of operation and business hours. Phone calls, texts, & emails will be monitored (within reason) after hours but will not be responded to until normal days and hours of operation resume. Emergencies however, will be responded to.
Your appointment is very important at Minted Skin Care; it is reserved especially for you! We understand that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary. Therefore, we respectfully request that you contact us with at least 24 hours notice for cancellations. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, we miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time. Because of this, other clients may miss a chance to receive services they may have been trying to schedule. Because we reserve our services for you personally, appointments will be held with a credit card stored securely on file and text/email reminders will be sent out 48 & 24 hours in advance. If requested notice is not provided, a cancellation fee of 50% will be applied to the scheduled services. In addition, tardiness in excess of 15 minutes will result in cancellation on behalf of the business & the cancellation fee of 50% will be applied to the scheduled services.
Addendum To Cancellation Policy Regarding Contraindications
The following conditions are recognized as contraindications for ALL treatments. If you are scheduled for an appointment and you have any of the contraindications listed below, please contact Minted immediately to reschedule your appointment. If any of the following contraindications are observed at the time of appointment, Minted's cancellation policy will be enforced.
- Active infection of any type, such as Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sores on or around your lips or inside your mouth) or flat warts
- Illness of ANY kind (be smart and considerate- you know when you are unwell). See "Addendum To Cancellation Policy Regarding Health" below
- Injectables such as neurotoxins (including Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau®, and Xeomin® ) or fillers (including Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Sculptra, etc.) within the last month. Treatments must be scheduled AT LEAST 1 month after any of the aforementioned injectables, or longer, as determined by your doctor
- PDO threads: treatments must be scheduled AT LEAST 1 month after threads are placed, or longer, as determined by your doctor
- Sunburn on area to be treated
- Skin cancer
- Vascular lesions
- Use of Accutane (Isotretinoin) within the last year
- Laser hair removal: treatments must be scheduled AT LEAST 2 weeks after laser treatment, or longer, as determined by your laser technician
Addendum To Cancellation Policy Regarding Health
Friendly reminder: If you are feeling unwell, please be respectful of others. If you have an appointment, reach out to us with as much notice as possible to reschedule. It doesn't matter what you are sick with- just be conscious of others & don't *KNOWINGLY* expose others. We can all agree that no one WANTS to get sick. Unfortunately, we do get sick from time to time because it's not completely avoidable (that's why God gave us immune systems) but please, just be conscious when you are and limit exposure to others. It's a good rule of thumb in general, thank you!
Minted offers a variety of skin care products that are expertly directed to suit each skin type and condition. If a client is not satisfied with a product, it is returnable for credit or for another product.
Please keep the following in mind when returning product:
• Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
• Returned products must be at least 60% full.
Visa and MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Debit, Other Credit Cards, Cash, Checks.